Sunday, September 7, 2008

Prednisone down, feelings up.

Lack of updates


Lack of updates


Well my PC went down for about two weeks and I’ve had to use my parent’s computers when I get an odd moment. The good news lately is that I’ve been tapering off my dose of prednisone from 60mg/day down to 30mg/day currently. Dropping 10mg per week. I had to stop my Lialda because I was not tolerating it, and it was in fact exacerbating my symptoms. Within two days of stopping I felt human again, and started doing all the activities I once enjoyed. I know I can’t stay on pred forever, but damn I forgot how good life was for a while. School has also started so I’m hopping this treatment will workout for me so that I can stay in school and not worry about going to the bathroom every twenty minutes. My next appointment is Oct 2nd, my doctor mentioned that about 10% of UC patients tend not to agree with mesalamine based drugs. Oh well…onto the next drug…

If you have UC you’ve undoubtedly asked yourself many questions on the simple things in life. Can I work a job? Can I get insurance? What will my significant other think? What comes next? I find myself wondering these things too. I’ve made a commitment not to be a prisoner of this disease.

No comments: