Monday, October 27, 2008

The end of the day




Saturday night I fought in my first professional MMA fight. I won. It has been a very stressful experience training, making weight, and dealing with Ulcerative Colitis. I was flaring enough to have my prednisone put back up to 40mg/day a week before the fight. The whole ordeal just make me realize how great my family, friends, coaches, and training partners really are. I could not have accomplished any of this without them.

During the middle of the first round I took a body kick that fractured one of my ribs. I felt the impact and the crunch on my side. I didn’t realize how much damage it did till I came back to the corner for the second round. I could barely breath, once the bell sounded I bit down on my mouthpiece and told myself “I’ll die before I quit”. At the end of the day the only person you are ever accountable to is yourself. I knew that if I didn’t answer the bell and fight to the end that I’d never forgive myself. Believe in the power of one.









No comments: